Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies



 I had a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I thought was pretty good.  Perusing through my grandmother’s recipes, I found one that looked pretty good.  I did make some changes, however, this is now my very favorite chocolate chip recipe. 
  • 1 ½ c butter, room temperature
  • 1 ¼ c brown sugar, packed
  • 1 c sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • 3 ½ c flour
  • 1 ¼ c oatmeal, blended into powder
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 12 oz bag chocolate chips
  • 1 c walnuts, chopped

Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars together.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.  Add dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 15 minutes and cool on baking racks.

 

 

 

Comments

Viewer's Choice